Thursday, November 5, 2020

Re: Video viewing and blogging homework: “Flow”, engagement and the Thinking Classroom

 "Follow the flow" has become one of my mottoes when I'm getting older each day and experienced all the happiness and sadness in my life. Follow the flow means a lot of things, follow your desire, follow your feelings, follow your passions, and importantly follow your heart. 

I don't think any successful people live like a zombie that they just do whatever they are asked to do without any inner motivation. I think the problem that a lot of people have nowadays is the lack of a "follow your callings" attitude. Maybe they are scared to try new things or be "different" from others, having the courage to take the initiative to follow the flow will be hard and painful, you need skills and knowledge, but once you get a hang of it or have a flow of it, your passion, curiosity, and willingness to work hard comes along naturally and it will feel good. Having a unique personal "flow" is important and is also a key to happiness. It gives you a reason to look forward to the future, The beauty of being able to "flow" is the endless possibilities it will give you. I believe that there are still so many unknowns about our brains. How the human brain function is still a mystery to us, I believe there are always reasons behind so-called "unconscious behaviors". I think those "unconscious behaviors" are carefully processed/calculated by our brains which is sometimes the best we could have done in that situation even though sometimes it looks like a bad decision. 

I do believe in "fate" but under the circumstance of "doing my best". I think the statement reflects on my motto of "follow the flow" because I have done my best, whatever life leads me to is meant to be. To feel fulfilled and happy in your life, one should accept whatever life throws at you, adapt it, and learn to enjoy the process of it. 

I know there are so many obstacles along the way to our "goals", but isn't the journey to our destination is the most fun part?  Learn to enjoy the process and follow the rhythm of your life, believe that a positive mindset will lead you to where you belong!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this philosophical response. I'd be most interested in hearing your ideas about flow for your students in your math classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Re: Unit Plan

 Grade 8 - Coordinate Geometry Unit Plan (Link through the cartoon)