Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I totally agree with the author on how graphs are not just a static end result or an answer, it should be a vehicle for a better understand...
-
I think it's an interesting test to do and I think we as educators need to take that more frequently. I think this is more like a...
Thanks Sukie, Ivan and Zoe. I didn't have permission to see the Google Doc, and Ivan, your lesson plan on your blog was not completely there, so I'm glad that Sukie's post worked.
ReplyDeleteGood topic, and I have a few suggestions: (a) I'm glad you broke down the lesson timings, but how will you be sharing the co-teaching? That should be included. (b) Most importantly, what will the learners be doing throughout the different parts of the lesson? If the answer is "listening quietly to the teacher", then it is NOT a very engaging plan! You can be sure that many students will not actually be listening/ understanding. By now, you need to be thinking about student learning, not just teacher lectures! How could you get learners engaged in actively making sense of this topic? There's still time to adjust...(c) You should share your notes or slides, as there's not much detail about the content of your lesson. An SA will want to see the details about what you are teaching about surds, the four operations, etc.(d) How much are you planning to 'lean on' the textbook for this lesson? I would suggest you NOT be reading from the online textbook here...
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to a good lesson.